Situated at the heart of Europe, Frankfurt is a truly international metropolis and is regarded as the key telecommunications hub for the whole of Germany and is a real gateway to Eastern Europe.
NextPointHost network features redundant fiber sources and redundant aggregate switches and core routers
- Direct connectivity to a wide range of networks.
- Global peering and connectivity - It connects to a large amount of carriers onsite including one of the world’s most busy internet exchanges DE-CIX (German Commercial Internet Exchange).
- Managed connectivity with multiple carriers.
We’re proud that our data centres are rated A for energy efficiency. Our fully climate-controlled environments provide highly effective cooling for servers whilst reducing environmental impact and cost.
- Prize winning, patented SPP (Segment Protected Parallel)-Bus System – next generation UPS.
- Highly efficient cooling systems.
- Motion-activated light controllers reduce energy consumption and heat load.
- Advice to customers on the best eco-efficient practices to adopt in our data centres.
- Continuous real-time electricity usage monitoring with regular reviews of energy-saving effectiveness.
You need to know your data center will deliver uninterruptable power to your infrastructure. Our data center has the most advanced continuous power supply system available on the market.
- Flexible configurations and power densities from 1kW to more than 20kW per rack.
- Fully redundant and resilient power supplies, at a minimum of N+1, ensure guaranteed uptime.
- Maximum diversity and separation of UPS system and power distribution through dedicated prize winning “SPP-Bus (Segment Protected Parallel-Bus) System)”.
- Rotary 4 of a kind back-up generators/diesel-engines/fly-wheel-combinations capable of supporting the data centers indefinitely.
Our data center in Frankfurt utilize a robust heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system which delivers stable air flow, temperature and humidity for efficiency equipment operation.
- Highly efficient turbo chillers.
- All major equipment in the HVAC systems has a minimum of N+1 redundancy.
- Our newest data centre combines full free cooling, mechanically assisted free cooling and mechanical cooling, depending on ambient temperature and humidity.
- Close Control Units (CCUs) provide conditioned air to the data floors at a minimum N+2 redundancy.
Securing your business-critical data and systems is our priority. That’s why we adopt a multi-layered approach to security and access.
- Over 100 integrated digital video cameras provide surveillance throughout the exterior and interior.
- Recorded CCTV data kept for a minimum of 90 days.
- Full perimeter fence with intruder monitoring and detection.
- Secure monitored single-person entry.
- Unified security-breach alarm with access monitoring.
- 24x7x365 manned security.
- Secure managed delivery and loading bays.
Monitored continuously from the Network Operations Centers, our fire detection and suppression systems minimize risk and suppress fires quickly to prevent problems from spreading.
- High sensitivity smoke detection systems (VESDA).
- VESDA immediately detects airborne heat and smoke particles, notifying our on-site facility staff before a fire has an opportunity to start.
- Fully addressable two-stage fire detection system that monitors the underfloor, room and ceiling void space (smoke and heat).